There are hundreds of different types and brands of thermoplastics and choosing the one with the right characteristics (e.g., strength, thickness, malleability, heat retention) can be a daunting task.
We took the guesswork out of it and created our own thermoplastic that is specifically designed for animal patients. Characteristics include:
- Extremely Strong – 1/8″ thick sheet has 160,000 psi of tensile strength
- Radiolucent and nontoxic
- Contours well over even the most discreet areas
- Heats quickly in hot water (just under boiling)
- Can be handled immediately with about 2-4 minutes of working time and with little heat retention
- Can be reheated and remolded as needed (e.g., serial splinting applications)
Just heat in hot water (about 200 degrees). Sheets become malleable and can be draped over any body part or over a bandage or soft support (e.g., Thera-Paw Custom Carpal Support).
Includes self-adhesive Velcro hook tabs, which are applied inside the trough of a shaped splint to adhere it to the outside of neoprene braces.